Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Bluffton Blogs

So, the bright idea came up to run a half marathon. The thought had crossed my path before, but I’d missed a race cut-off date and ended up running my own 13.1 in my neighborhood to a throng of several.

Well, a throng of none, really, unless you count my daughter who brought me a drink in the final half mile.

Still, I did it. Even if I miscalculated and ran a mile too far. No matter! Done! I could do it.

So, do it, Mr. Compression Pants.

There was a half marathon scheduled right here in SC, just down the road, and right around my birthday. Preparation and planning took place and so did the experience. 

This blog will be an attempt to recount all that happened, cause there’s a whole lot of time to think about what the heck is happening as you plod along.

I mean, fly like an eagle. Or run like a gazelle.

Or…

Alright, I’ll get on with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment